Area rugs are fantastic for a number of reasons. They can really tie a room together, and they help protect your hardwood floors from scratches and spills. The only downside is that they do require thorough cleaning if you want them to look their best. The only problem is that this is not always an easy task if you’re not a professional carpet cleaner. The following will help guide you in the right direction when it comes to area rug cleaning in El Paso, TX:
- Vacuum both sides: The first step in the cleaning process is vacuuming your rug. Once you do the top side, flip it over and vacuum the back side that was on the floor. Getting both sides of the rug will ensure all of the dust mites and allergens are out of the fibers. If for some reason the rug still looks a little dusty, you might want to take it outside and beat it with a broom. This old frontier trick helps get rid of much of the remaining dust.
- Buy the right cleaning products: Vacuuming alone won’t get your rug clean—you’ll also need to hand wash it. However, there are certain shampoos out there that could cause damage to your precious rug. Talk to a professional about non-abrasive shampoos before you end up causing harm to the rug.
- Wash and rinse: Now that you have the right shampoo, it’s time to get to work. You’ll need a brush and a lot of water to scrub out all of those ground-in stains. Depending on how long it’s been since you’ve cleaned your rug, this could be a pretty tedious process!
- Hang it up to dry: Once the rug is as clean as it can be, hang it up to dry. If possible, hang it up outside, where the sun and fresh breeze can speed up the drying process.
Hire the pros!
Though you can spend the time and effort in cleaning your area rug by yourself, sometimes the best option is to just call the experts for area rug cleaning in El Paso, TX. Here are a few of the reasons our customers call Steam Wizard to handle their area rug cleaning needs:
- Ensure your rug is clean: A professional will guarantee that your rug is as clean as possible and all of the stains are lifted. More importantly, a pro will use the right shampoos, so as to not damage your rug.
- Save time: Rug cleaning in El Paso, TX can be a long and tedious task. Let us handle that for you while you get out and enjoy your afternoon!
- Save money: It may seem counterintuitive, but hiring a professional can actually help you save money on rug cleaning. You won’t have to pay for expensive rug shampoos, nor will you run the risk of paying to fix any problems you cause by cleaning it yourself.
If your rug doesn’t look as good as it once did, or if you’re just tired of cleaning it by yourself, be sure to pick up the phone and give Steam Wizard a call for rug cleaning in El Paso, TX. Our professionals will have your area rug looking spotless in no time at all—after we’re done, it’ll look brand new!
Categorised in: Rug Cleaning