You’ve checked off your to-do list for the summer and are starting on your checklist for fall. Is there anything you’ve forgotten? What about your air ducts? When was the last time these were cleaned? If you can’t remember, it’s probably time for air duct cleaning in El Paso, TX.
You can also watch for the following signs to determine if your air ducts need to be cleaned. If you notice any of these red flags or encounter any of these situations, don’t hesitate to contact a professional team to complete your air duct cleaning.
- New surroundings: It’s a good idea to arrange for air duct cleaning in El Paso, TX when you move into a new home. Check with the previous owner first, but if they have not had the ducts cleaned within the last three years, it’s time. If you are building a new home, the ducts often become coated with drywall dust and other building material debris, so it’s a good rule of thumb to finish off the project with a good duct cleaning.
- Remodeling project: As with new home construction, remodeling projects generate sawdust and kick up other debris. If you are unable to carefully protect the ducts during construction, this dust will enter your system. Once your remodeling project is complete, you should clean your air ducts.
- Pest invasion: Have you discovered any uninvited guests in your home? If you notice any insects or rodents crawling in or out of your ductwork, it’s time for duct cleaning. A thorough cleaning will make your ductwork less inviting and help kick those pests to the curb.
- Mold growth: Excessive moisture in the home, high humidity levels or leaks in your system could encourage mold growth. If you suspect you have mold in your air ducts, you should have them cleaned.
- Dust poofs: A clear sign that it’s time for air duct cleaning is visible dust. If your system releases a poof of dust through the register when it starts running, your ducts need to be cleaned. It’s also good to look inside your air vent registers each season to check for debris build-up.
- Low flow: Does your air flow seem to be weaker than it used to be? Place your hand in front of your vent while your system is running. If your air flow is reduced, this could be a sign that you need air duct cleaning.
- Allergy flares: Many people suffer from seasonal allergies, but an allergy flare-up could also be caused by dirty ducts. If you seem to sneeze or feel stuffy in your home more than elsewhere, it might be due to dust and debris in your ductwork.
If you need air duct cleaning in El Paso, TX, contact the team at Steam Wizard. We are dedicated to freshening your surroundings with top-level service. Reach us today at 915-591-2901 with any questions or to schedule your next cleaning appointment.