Selecting new carpeting for your home is a fun and exciting process, but before the installation can take place there are a few simple steps you will have to complete. Here are five tips that will help you make sure your home is prepared for new carpet installation in El Paso, TX:
- Move your possessions: To save a bit of time and ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible, make sure to have all your personal effects cleared before the carpet installation team arrives on site. The crew will move all large pieces of furniture such as beds, sofas and tables, but all of your clothing, knick-knacks and other valuable items will need to be stored before the team can begin.
- Move furniture: The best way to arrange the furniture during the installation will be determined based on the layout of your home and what type of access is available. If you have a patio and the weather will be clear for the day, the carpet installers might move the furniture to this area while they work. If this isn’t an option, the crew should be able to continue to shift the furniture around within the home while they do their jobs. Larger items that require disassembly, like bunk beds, take some time to dismantle, which could slow down the installation process. It is best to disassemble these pieces of furniture yourself before the crew arrives.
- Providing access: Some homeowners let the crew in on the day of the installation before heading out for the day, while others will simply provide a spare key. Many others think it is necessary for them to stay home while the installation is taking place, but this is not the case. Experienced fitters will have everything they need upon arrival and will only need access to the home, freeing you up to leave and return when the job is done.
- Planning: To help the carpet installation team as much as you can ahead of time, try to plan out what you need to do before the job begins. If the carpet installers will be moving your furniture, make sure that all of the drawers and shelves are empty. Additionally, disconnect any wires or cable systems if your entertainment center will need to be moved, and make sure pets are safely secured.
- Old carpet removal: If you will be pulling up the old carpet yourself, it will be important to make sure the floor is completely smooth. All previous carpet residue, as well as staples and nails, will have to be removed. The only thing that should be left when you are done is the smooth-edge that was applied to the walls, as this can be reused with your new carpet installation.
Our staff at Steam Wizard is prepared to work with you and do everything we can to make sure that your new carpet installation in El Paso, TX is as seamless as possible. With over 35 years of experience, we have done installations in spaces of all different shapes and sizes, and we know what it takes to ensure a successful installation. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation!
Categorised in: Carpet Repair