We don’t need to tell you that water damage in your home is a big problem. Damage to your walls, floors and appliances can cost thousands of dollars to fix. And on top of that, you’ll most likely have to pay hundreds or even thousands more to have the source of the water damage repaired.
Water damage doesn’t just take a toll on your wallet—it can also be hazardous to your health if it’s not rectified as soon as possible. Continue reading to learn how certain types of water damage can compromise your wellbeing and how we can help with water damage repair in El Paso, TX:
- Breathing problems: The number one health risk associated with water damage has to do with mold growth. Mold can grow anywhere, but it thrives in damp, dark places—like areas of your home that are affected by water damage! As this mold grows, it releases spores in the air that make breathing extremely difficult for those with asthma. If you notice any signs of mold growth, even if there’s no water damage, call a mold remediation specialist right away to come out and fix the problem.
- Allergic reactions: Breathing problems are the number one allergic reaction when it comes to mold growth, but your lungs aren’t the only part of your body that mold can affect. Prolonged exposure to mold may lead to rashes, itchiness, watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing and more. These allergic reactions may not be as life-threatening as a breathing problem, but they’re still not fun to live with. Turning to a mold remediation pro for help is your best bet if you want to live a happy and healthy life.
- Headaches: Mold spores and other allergens often cause headaches, especially for people who are already prone to getting them in the first place. Though a headache might sound like it’s just a nuisance you treat with Tylenol, it can be debilitating and keep you down and out for several hours at a time. If you’re experiencing constant headaches when you’re at home, it may be a good time to call a water damage expert to see what’s the matter.
My home has water damage—now what?
Regardless of the source of the water damage, it’ll need to be fixed sooner rather than later. Here are a few of the steps you need to take on the road to water damage restoration in El Paso, TX:
- Remove wet items: First things first, remove everything that’s wet from the affected space. This includes everything from the furniture to the carpeting. The longer wet things sit in the space, the more quickly mold can grow.
- Buy dehumidifiers: The water-damaged area is going to become very humid very quickly. Opening windows will help a little bit, but the best thing you can do is buy several dehumidifiers to suck that water out of the air.
- Call a professional: You can’t fix all of this water damage by yourself, especially if the source of the damage is from a sewer. Instead, bring in the pro to help get your home back to normal!
If your home or office shows any signs of water damage, be sure to call Steam Wizard for water damage restoration in El Paso, TX. We’ll be out as soon as possible to examine the situation and make repairs right away.
Categorised in: Water Damage